St. Thomas reefs

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone and tell a little about my trip to St. Thomas.

My wife and I just went for our honeymoon. It is of course beautiful and the water was perfect. Visibility ranged from 25-75 ft, about 78 degrees and very calm seas. We stayed on the north end away from the tourist hubs and cruise ships, we had the beach completely to ourselves. If anyone is interested in going I highly reccomend it. As for what I saw: Manta Ray, Sea Ray, Remora, Baracuda, Tourtise, Sally lightfield crab, Queen Angel, chromis, sailfin goby, jawfish, Eels, Starfish, Christmas tree worms, feather dusters, conch, fan coral, brain coral, leathers, anenomes, some strange iradescent blue shrimp, some schools were so thick you litterally could not see through them. Just thought I'd share, I figured there had to be some other divers in the club.

Sorry I don't have a waterproof camera.

Excellent!

Let me know next time you go I have a cheep but quite usable Sea and Sea you can borrow. Headed to Bonaire week after next.

Pretty much if any diver needs a camera let me know. I'd rather see it getting used than sitting on a shelf all but a couple weeks a year.

Divers unite!

Too bad you didn't have a camera. A cheap and decent underwater set up is the Lumix by Panasonic. The camera is about $150 and the housing is $200. I used it in Puerto Vallarta earlier this year and got some good shots even with the plankton bloom.