Quiet Pump Recommendations

JoeK

Now that we've completed the move between houses, my 140 is in what will eventually be my office. Can anyone recommend a good in sump pump to replace a Mag 18 as a return pump? The key point is it needs to be quiet.

Moving the sump and the return pump to another room like several others have done is not currently an option.

Joe

Looks like the Mag 18 is turning over 1800 gph and can handle pressure up to about 20' before shutdown. That puts the volume a little outside of the range of any Eheim. Even the 1264 only moves around 1200 gph and shuts down around 11' of pressure. Otherwise, I would second Mike's suggestion.

I use a 1262 to return flow to one side of my tank, while an Iwaki 55 RLT heads to the chiller then returns to the other side. I do not find the Iwaki too loud, but I know that many others do. I know that it is infinitely quieter than the chiller. :) I am looking forward to the cooler temps and not hearing the chiller or paying the accompanying power bills.