MAAST would like to invite to to:

5th Annual Bigbird Port Aransas Collection Trip and BBQ

Event Dates: July 24th-July 26th 2009

Hotel Reservations-Renea is our Group Rep

Alister Square Inn

122 S Allister

Port A

888-749-3003 or 361-749-3000

I have rooms blocked off @ the Alister Square Inn. These rates are only good through June 24th

and then the prices will increase.

Room rates are as follows:

Double Queen- $107.35 with tax per night.

Wheelchair Accessible- $107.35 with tax per night.

Kitchenettes- $129.95 with tax per night.

Be sure to specify...Smoking/Non-smoking.

All Rooms except for the Wheelchair Accessible are accessible for 4 people. Wheelchair accessible are for 2 people.

To ensure these rates you will need to let them note it is included in the MAAST group rates.

There are a total of 47 Rooms blocked, for the Event.

The Hotel is also pet friendly, unless you own a Rottweiler or a PitBull. Rates for pets under 15lbs are $25 a day, over 15lbs $35.

There is also a $25 cancellation fee after May 24th.

If additional Rooms are needed, the hotel will help us locate.

The Hotel is also able to contract a Restaurant to provide a Buffet Breakfast @ an additional fee for both Saturday and Sunday, which would be held in their Meeting Area.

The price is based on interest, ($7-$9 per person) This in my opinion would be a great convenience.

Upon registration/arrival of the Hotel, they will also give you an itinerary of Events scheduled with times and maps.

Events

Friday night Bonfire @ the Beach. (We already have the wood)

Saturday AM-(if interested) Texas State Aquarium Tour-10am

Prices area as follows:

Guided Tours are $7.50 per student/$12.00 adult.

Our own David (Solid) will also be providing a Morning Collection Trip-More details to follow.

BBQ Buffet will be held @ the renovated Community Center in Port Aransas.

Address: 701 W Ave A

Bob Fenner will be our Guest Speaker, and will also collect on the Jetties with us.

Raffles will also be held.

(BBQ Buffet prices will be posted once you register on Thread)

We will head to the Jetties appx 7:30.

David will post what will be needed to bring to the Jetties later.

As date gets closer, for event, I will post ALL CONFIRMED TIMES for Events scheduled.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me, I am Coordinating this Event this year.

Hope to see you there,

Cheri

As stated in the Main post, there will be a breakfast buffet at the Hotel Sat and Sun morning. The cost will be approx. $10 per person per day. This will be a FULL buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. We need to have a head count to make sure there is enough food and verify the cost. Also, once the head count is established, this will need to be paid in advance. This is provided by the hotel.

Also, the BBQ and the Bob Fenner Speaking engagement will be $10 per person and we need ahead count for this also. MAAST Charter Members are free.

We also will have 5th Annual Bigbird Port Aransas Collection Trip and BBQ T-shirts available with a donation.

This should be a great event and we are looking forward to see you all there.

Please post you Web name, affiliation and how many will be with you.

Hope to see you there...

Steve

Edited by bigbird123

As most of you know, I won't be going due to a personal conflict with Mr.Bird himself however this years event looks to be 100% percent better organized than last years feeble attempt. If you've been wanting to get down to the coast to check out what all the fuss is about, this could be a great opportunity for you.

As most of you know, I won't be going due to a personal conflict with Mr.Bird himself however this years event looks to be 100% percent better organized than last years feeble attempt.

Mike,

I mean the following comment in no way disrespectful of you. I consider you a really nice person.....

However, for the good of Austin Reef Club and those who also enjoy participating in MAAST, can the comments about your personal conflict end? This "rift" you are spreading on Austin Reef Club should remain personal and private. I does nothing to serve current and future members of any club.

It's a shame, that this has come to happen, as we share many of the same Members on both Organizations, and each Club has something to offer the other. With that said, I have spent many hours organizing this trip for the enjoyment of others. I too was not satisfied with the arrangements that were made last year, so I took it upon myself this year to make all arrangements. And hopefully this year, we will be free of Hurricane threats....

If you would like anymore information about the Bigbird Port Aransas Trip, please feel free to PM me at either ARC or MAAST. I will try my best to respond quickly to all questions.

If any other lodging arrangements needs to be made, I along with the help of the hotel, can assist in finding another hotel.

Thanks for all your support and hope to see you all there,

Cheri

I have resigned effectively immediately from my post as meeting coordinator. I hope that Princer feels as though she would like to atke up the position as there is no longer a coordinator of this fine club.

If you read my post you will see that I did not in any way whatsoever BASH MAAST.

No in fact what I did was to state that unfortunately I will not be attending the event and why. This reduces the amount of PM's about the subject I get.

Last years event was horrible and all you need to do is visit the thread from last year to realize this. Folks were sitting in their rooms on the internet logging into both forums asking, begging for information about what was going on because they could not find the events. In fact there was a huge discussion about how the bonfire never happened because the person responsible did not bring the wood.

So I stand by the fact that last years event was a failure.

Now go back and read my reply stating that I was blessing this years event and that I felt it was much better planned out than last years event. It was obvious that the group was trying to learn from their mistakes and take corrective actions which I was giving them a pat on the back for, and publicly at that. Please also note that I told members to go check it out.

So if someone could please point out where I was being an [redacted] I'm all ears. However due to the negative feedback in this thread and being scolded by Princer for not being "professional" at my post at ARC and that somehow I was making an attempt to somehow "make a rift between the 2 clubs", which is complete and utter [redacted], that comment has cost the club it's organizer.

So you drummed up ill-will where there was none. I hope everyone is now happy and can get on with "it". Whatever it may be.

Mike.

Edited by ACampbell
Removed profanity.

I completely agree with Jennifer's comment as I would imagine most people on this board. Mike your comments seem extremely passive aggressive if not completely aggresive. Your overreaction to Jennifer's post is quite disturbing. I believe someone else will do a great job in taking over your position. Steve and Cheri have been great for our reefing community and I appreciate their hard work.

Edited by andysgr