How long for new Euro-Reef to make foam?

reefman

Well, I got everything set up tonight, hang on overflow, to temp sum with the new Euro-Reef skimmer, Mag pump pushing out of the sump to the chiller (also new as part of this new set-up), back to the tank.

The E-R skimmer is running and making a lot of bubbles, but no foam crawling up the collector cup yet. It's been running (apart from turning things off to test sump levels and things like that) for a least a couple of hours. Does it take a while to start making effluent?

I'm also getting a lot of micro bubbles back into the tank. Will that settle out?

What level should the foam ring (water level) be in the skimmer body? To just below where the rubber ring is where the collector cup connects?

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Stephen

Foam level should be about 1" or so into the cup tubing. Usually skimmers make foam like crazy when they are brand new which is why you often have to turn them all the way down at first.

Now as far as getting skimate in the cup, I would give it at least a day to see what you have.