DIY MH reflector plans???

dustint21

Check with Hobogato, Ace, of San Antonio first. He can be found through an ARC member search and then PM'd.

He is a very handy guy, building tanks, sumps, stands, skimmers, CA reactors, Kalk reactors, etc... He built his own Lumenarcs based upon those bought by a friend of his. What he found out was that the materials needed to build his own reflectors far outweighed the benefits of just buying them. He made 3 with the material he bought and said he just barely saved a few dollars and that he never felt the quality was as good as the actual Lumenarc due to the rivets pulling and distorting the material. I remember him refusing to make any more even though people were begging with cash in hand.

On the other hand.. I do have some reflector materials left over from my sun tube installations, that's what Ace used, and access to full sized plotters if you wish to try this. I can make you prints that are about 4' long by about 2' tall.

Thanks Mike! I have PM'd Ace a few times iin the past. I plan to build these on my own. I will be building 3 of them using the hammered style reflective material. I found th material online and it comes in packs of 4. Its 4'x2' and its only $130! My only problem is getting the template. Check this out!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1642142

If I buy the large one its going to cost about $500, Im pretty sure I can build 3 for under $300. LMK what you think.

Thanks

Dustin

The second version had more options and the BMP and Jpeg worked. Maybe the autcad desk will work as well for my designers as they already use several versions of autocad.

With 22" being your largest dimension I could probably get 2 per sheet. How many copies did you need or are you going to make a master on a hardboard?

The second version had more options and the BMP and Jpeg worked. Maybe the autcad desk will work as well for my designers as they already use several versions of autocad.

With 22" being your largest dimension I could probably get 2 per sheet. How many copies did you need or are you going to make a master on a hardboard?

Thank god that worked! 1 copy should be fine. I plan to make an acrylic template off the copy. LMK what i owe you!

Thanks

Dustin

Wow... Movin along at warpspeed Dustin I'm tryin to keep up man.

BTW I measured that center brace and drew it out on a piece of glass and put money under the glass on your stand. Let me know if it costs more to make those 2 cuts and ill pay you what i owe but i dont see 2 cuts costing more than that.