diamond hole saw and bulkheads 1/2"

KaceyJ

What? I have never heard of this. Can you explain? or do you have a link? :)

Thanks

Dustin

Something my Dad explained and showed me (unfortunately on a piece of tempered glass). Make a tinkers **** oops (tinkers darn) around the site, use water or oil for lube. Get an appropriately sized brass pipe and hold perpendicular to the glass, gently rotate back and forth. (We just slowly rolled between our palms like trying to start a fire with a piece of wood but much slower) Be sure to put padding beneath the hole so the pipe doesn't just fall through.

I think Gonzobob is pulling your leg. You need some kind of friction to remove the glass (diamonds on a hole saw). The pipe would have to have teeth in it or it would take decades to cut a hole in the glass by rubbing it back and forth with you hands.

I think Gonzobob is pulling your leg. You need some kind of friction to remove the glass (diamonds on a hole saw). The pipe would have to have teeth in it or it would take decades to cut a hole in the glass by rubbing it back and forth with you hands.

It did take awhile but you wind up with both ground glass and brass bits in the run off.

LOL! I just cant see it! :) Someone try this and get video please!

Dustin

Ok, when i come to pick up those hoods, i will bring a pipe and try it on your 125, you got a camera and 2 days worth of batteries? I bet i can get a hole in it one way or another. with an aircompressor and a copper pipe, i could rig something up, most likely the more effective way would be to launch it through the glass :D

weird. if you decide what you are gonna do with that pump and overflow, let me know. I need to get that t-5 from you, and maybe that MH bulb. how old is it?

Edited by KaceyJ

No leg pulling here (well at least not this time) Not sure where my Dad got the idea but here's a link to a Popular Mechanics article

http://chestofbooks.com/crafts/popular-mec...s-In-Glass.html

Of course this is 'high techy' compared to the by hand method but...