Blue Ribbon EEl!

KaceyJ

I am more worried about the eel hurting my puffer :) no, never had an eel with him, but he has been around an arrow crab and mandarin goby.

I think he ate a ghost shrimp, can not confirm it though, I had to turn away for a second.

Edited by KaceyJ

I absolutely would not house it with either of those tank mates.

My personal experiences would tell me not to house them with any fish that is not considered a peaceful community fish.

Also.

Please be advised that in the wild these beautiful fish live in very large colonies, keeping one specimen can be bad for it.

Also just noticed that the substrate in that tank looks all wrong for it. It will scrape it's very delicate underside flesh and may cause tears that could lead to small infections. They bury themselves in very fine sand. I would be using an oolitic or sugar aragonite.

I saw a thread, on RC I think, where the owner made a PVC structure and buried it in the sand. As I recall, it was T shaped with the "leg" pointing up out of the sand. The opening was right in front of the tank too, made feeding and viewing much easier at least.