JAY-ROC's 40 g breeder build

JAY-ROC

I've decided to try another tank. 40 gal breeder with a 40 gal sump 2 65w pc for actenic and 1 400w mh. Pics will be posted soon.

wow that is a lot of light for a breeder tank...I am assuming you are putting corals in there too?

can't wait to see pics!..I love projects.

wow that is a lot of light for a breeder tank...I am assuming you are putting corals in there too?

can't wait to see pics!..I love projects.

Yeah its going to be an sps dominated tank. I need a dimond hole saw though so I can finish cutting holes for the closed loop.

We got the stand skinned out tonight. We still gotta cut out doors, trim, and paint then were done with the stand. Next will be the canopy, and last task is finishing the plumbing for the closed loop. I think I'm gonna get an ocean motions wave maker to distribute the flow, this way I dont really have to worry about three of the returns blowing 400 gph and one blowing 2000 gph. We will be posting more pics soon.

Edited by JAY-ROC

Im going back this afternoon to help finish the canopy. The plumbing on this thing is going to be INSANE! LOL! He just bought a OM squirt for the closed loop. I keep giving him crap about taking down his 90 gallon and putting this one in his living room! LOL! He going to have a very nice tank when its done! I cant wait to see it with water in it too! That means I will get my nights and weekends back! LOL!

lol sorry about the nnights and weekends Dustin. I can't wait to get the rest of the stuff I ordered so we can get this thing plumbed up.

There will deffinately be pics of the plumbing when we get it done and tested. When I get all the aquascape done I will be happy.... I think that's the part I dread worse.

Thank you Dustin for ALL the help and pictures I owe you bigtime. thank you kristen for loaning me ur husband and puttinng up with us and the late nights, and thank you azcummins for the tools because without those I surely wouldn't have this tank right now lol. (i will never try to drill a tank with a dremel again)

I checked my tracking on the super squirt and it looks like it may bbe here today or tomorrow I can't wait ...

Oh and I'm really thinking about cutting down the canopy to 12 or 14 in tall. I wanted it tall because of the light but it looks wierd being that tall. I primed and sealed the stand last night, we still need to put trim on the canopyand figure out what im gonna do about how tall it is lol.

Edited by JAY-ROC

Quick Pics! :D

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

This is just a quick plumbing job we did to test the equipment.The bubbles are from air being sucked in but the pump because the pluming isnt glued. The pump will be under the stand and the plumbing will look alot cleaner! Jason's got it all planned out! :taunt:

DSC01079.jpg

What a great job. This build is inspiring. If I ever do another build I have to use some of these ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. Honestly I had no idea how this build was gonna go, but Dustin really came through. It is a GREAT idea to have someone there to look at it as the process is going on to bounce ideas back and forth. I sure didnt think I'd ever have something other than a basic system and he talked me into just getting in and doing it right. I still will be pretty simple but its alot more than anything ive ever had .