JAY-ROC's 40 g breeder build

JAY-ROC

Thank you. Honestly I had no idea how this build was gonna go, but Dustin really came through. It is a GREAT idea to have someone there to look at it as the process is going on to bounce ideas back and forth. I sure didnt think I'd ever have something other than a basic system and he talked me into just getting in and doing it right. I still will be pretty simple but its alot more than anything ive ever had .

Yeah, there are numerous times I wish I had someone with experience in reefing/carpentry to help out, or mentor me lol. Looking great. I wish I had the guts to drill my tanks.

Edited by KaceyJ

• 3 weeks later...

RESEALED, REDRILLED, REFILLED, AND READY TO GO :)

IMAGE_328.jpg

IMAGE_322.jpg

IMAGE_00105.jpg

SUMP

IMAGE_331.jpg

Sorry the pics are so bad, I took them with my phone.

I did away with the closed loop idea and put my mp40 on it... This was the best idea yet. I think I can surf on the wave that this thing is producing.

Next is going to be finishing the canopy and the back, we just need to cut down the back to match how much we cut off of the canopy and trim it all out then paint.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry about not answering your question... I got the hole saws from azcummins, The glass isnt tempered we drilled 8 holes in the first one and then decided to use a vortec instead of going with the closed loop.

where did u get the drill bit to drill glass at if i may ask, and i assume its tempered glass?

Hey guys I am FINALLY DONE!!!!

Thank you for all the help Dustin... After 3 broken pieces of glass I decided to just get another tank. All of the broken glass really set me back on getting this tank complete, but it is done. My wife is very happy her office is back in working order and not a big mess anymore. I still have to move my corals to this tank but I am testing it out with a few pieces 1st before i put them all in.

I will have pictures up soon of the rest of the build and the final results. Thank you for following this LONG drawn out build.

Jason

Two completely different things IMO. The SQWD is a cheap alternating flow that can just change it up a bit. The wavebox is a much greater amount of back and forth flow through the whole tank. The price is right on the SQWD, but if you have the cash and the room go with the Wavebox for sure! If you have a small tank the Vortech gives off a nice wave and takes up less space than the wavebox. Jason's tank really kicks some butt with the Vortech!!!