does cheato die?

AndrewT

I had some sitting in a bucket of waste water for a month or so and forgot about it... no light sealed in a 5g bucket. Does this stuff die or is it still able to be used.

anything that is alive can die :D

if it doesn't smell like the A**hole of satan and still looks green then it is probably still alive. it is a plant...some plants do great in crappy conditions, for example:

i have over 40 aloe vera plants sitting in my garage for over a year and a half, I have never watered them and they rarely get any light (only when my garage door is open) and they are all doing fine.

on the other hand...my palm outside is about to die..go figure

I would start it out in a crap tank (5-10gallon petsmart/petco/walmart special) with a light and a powerhead....if it grows great....if not no big loss

it actually looks like it grew while it was out there ill throw it in a tank this weekend see what happens. I dont have a fuge so if it dies off no biggie really. Thanks guys

it actually looks like it grew while it was out there ill throw it in a tank this weekend see what happens. I dont have a fuge so if it dies off no biggie really. Thanks guys

If it is stinky I would be concerned that smell was some other living stuff in the bucket. If so I would definitely swish it around in a little RO water or something - to make sure your not adding nasty stuff to your tank. JM2cents

Bill