Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Algaefix Marine

rosslonghorns

Has anyone tried this product? Anyone know if it is available local?

I have been following a thread on reef central related to someone using this to battle GHA. I didn't want to use something like this, but I'm thinking it might be worth a shot to immediately make an impact while I find the source and increase water changes. My kits should be here today and will test a new batch of saltwater and specifically my source water.

Has anyone tried this product? Anyone know if it is available local?

I have been following a thread on reef central related to someone using this to battle GHA. I didn't want to use something like this, but I'm thinking it might be worth a shot to immediately make an impact while I find the source and increase water changes. My kits should be here today and will test a new batch of saltwater and specifically my source water.

I have not used this product but a Sea Hare wiped out my 210g full of GHA in just a few days.

Ty.

Sea Hares are not magic bullets, kinda like how not all Tangs are either. The worst part is that they tend to live only a couple of weeks and then die. Their death contributes yet more excess nutrients for the algae to grow.

I've heard both sides of coin with algaefix. One poster said it wiped out his tank and another swore it was the best thing ever. As always I believe that with any treatment, the attentiveness of the hobbyist contributes greatly to the outcome and or success.