Free Clown Fish

Brooks

I have a clown fish that has been messing himself up by swimming in our Goniopora. He's got some black spots, that in time, will disappear from what I've been told. He's perfectly healthy. He's still goofy and dumb as ever. He's an Ocellaris.. About 1 1/2 inches. Loves to swim in Goniopora...

I've done a freshwater dip on him I think 3 times, so I know he isn't infected with parasites.

I would like to meet somewhere pretty close to my house. You can P.M. me and we'll arrange that.

I'm hoping someone can get him back to where is physical health should be, and I know I'm not the right person as I don't have my QT set up anymore.

You think the clown is getting stung by the Goni?

:)

That's what people have been telling me, though, I didn't think Goni's stung like that. Apparently, when a clown tries to host in an unwilling coral, the coral will sting it and leave those marks on it.

And where did you read that they are normal? I used to think that as well, however I found the information to be invalid and I obtained the information above.

Edited by Little_Reef

• 2 years later...

I've read that the black spots are typical when your clown has been hosting in a coral. It's something to do with it's body adjusting to the coral sting which is different to the nem sting.

I've read that the black spots are typical when your clown has been hosting in a coral. It's something to do with it's body adjusting to the coral sting which is different to the nem sting.

+1 for hearing the same thing. We have a mated pair that hosted in our frogspawn and they both have the black spots. They are as healthy as horses and have never shown any signs of illness.