mag 9.5 to power a sprinkler

mcallahan

I'm looking at setting up my Ro/DI unit and having the waste water empty outside into a large bucket so I can use it to water my lawn.

My thought it to use my spare mag 9.5 to pump the water out of the bucket and through the sprinkler.

Any bets on how high you think the sprinkler will shoot when I hook up the mag 9.5 to it? :punk:

(I'll probably have to plumb in a T-fitting that will return some of the water to the bucket, but we could take bets and try it out at the meeting at my house soon...

It's all those extra PPM or TDS that are rejected from the membrane. Basically it takes about 4-5 gallons of "waste water" to produce 1 gallon of RO/DI.

I doubt a MAG9 will amount to a hill o beans coming out the end of a hose and forced through a sprinkler. You have way to much coefficient drag through the hose, near nothing GPM, a no load impeller, and that all equals a high head pressure on a non pressure producing pump. The impeller will cavitate and churn instead of push with to much back pressure on it.

On a basic RO/DI unit, does that waste water usually end up down the drain? Do you have to modify the unit to capture the waste water?

It has a waste line that you have to run somewhere. I have mine going down the drain of the washing machine. I would love to collect it to use on my yard but I would need a lot of line and a huge container. I make about 25-30 gallons at a time. That means I would need at least a 100g container if not bigger.

... I would love to collect it to use on my yard but I would need a lot of line and a huge container...That means I would need at least a 100g container if not bigger.

I think you need a bigger tank, so you can make your current tank into your catch-basin... :jump: