Mushroom in the dark

Kkiel02

Well last week I got two muchrooms from aquadome. Long story short at night it shrunk I guess and fell into a hole in my live rock. It gets some light but not very much at all. I pretty much cant get it out. So questions: Will it die with pretty much no light and what consquences will it have on my tank if it dies... poison the tank??

The title of this thread could make you think it is about something totally different. :D

It should be fine. I had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I put a couple mushrooms in but my wave box caused them to break free from the rock they were glued to and fell into my rockscape. They both found their way out after a couple weeks. It might take a while but it will move to where it needs to be.

all the ones ive had fall into the middle of my rockwork have been fine.

as a matter of fact i lost a shroom one time only to fine it later on with 3 new ones by its side in the back of my tank!

Yeah it is slowly making its way back up. Hopefully tomorrow it will be out all the way.