WTB Acrylic Tank for Refugium

rosslonghorns

I've started thinking about plans for adding a refugium to my tank and before I pick up acrylic to build it myself, thought I would see if anything is lying around that fits my dimensions.

I'm looking for something rectangle / square. Max would be 32" x 18". Also has to be acrylic.

-Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Expensive wasn't it. My husband picked me up a sheet Friday as well. I could have sworn it was $50 cheaper the last time he bought some. We're doing the sump first...going to be about 3ft long, but almost 2ft deep and about 18" tall. Hubby has already started working on it, but he screwed up the second cut and had to buy another piece from Home Depot...it was the back part and he literally has every inch of that large sheet spoken for.

I'd love to see your finished product!!!

Dena

Where did you end up getting it? I had shopped around and found that Laird Plastics had the best pricing. It was just over $100 for a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" acrylic. It was much cheaper than Regal.

My project only requires 4x4, so it is costing me around $60 with all the supplies.

Should get started on it next weekend and will post pictures once completed.

Regal...now I know where to go for my new fuge. Crap...that's like $50/sheet cheaper than Regal. My husband has mine all glued together...he kind of screwed up with one little section, but I can work around it.

The new sump is pretty dang big, I'll measure it tonight. It's good because I kind of fell in love with a 215g tank at River City and now am going to save to buy one. The new sump will cover it with no problems, just need a new skimmer.

Dena