More RO/DI Questions

reefman

I've gotten the leaks fixed and am making water. Thanks for the tip about re-seating the hoses, everything seems to be working fine now. Should have thought of that one on my own.

A few more questions:

The unit came with a 3.2 Gal storage tank. I have the input (i.e. outside water faucet) rigged so that I can leave it on all the time and the water can be diverted to the hose, or go straight to the RO/DI unit.

Will the water stop coming out of the discharge line once the 3.2 Gal storage tank is full?

So far, I have the discharge going into a 55 Gal plastic barrel. Figuring I make 10% RO/DI out of what is going in, I have gotten better than 55 gals of discharge water so far. Shouldn't the discharge have stopped by now, assuming the 3.2 Gal storage tank should be full, or is it now bypassing somehow and just running out the discharge line?

Stephen

Now I know for sure something isn't right. I turned off the input faucet, so there shouldn't be any water coming into the unit. I then got some 1 Gal jugs and started filling from the output faucet. I only got about 1.2 Gals before it stopped. I should have gotten at least about 3 Gals from the storage tank, since the storage tank is 3.2 Gals, correct?

Any ideas?

Also, once I get this all worked out, how is the best way to test the RO/DI water other than the test kits an hopefully getting all zero's on the tests. Is there a way, or some place I can take a sample to get more precise readings?

Stephen

I got a little over 1 Gal with about 80 Gals or more of waste water. I was thinking, I didn't have the input (regular water faucet) all the way open, so could it be I didn't have enough pressure for the unit to be working right?

Stephen

Not sure, but I might have figured it out (when in doubt, go back and read the instructions again, Duh!). There is a valve on the flow restrictor that might have been turned the wrong way (strange that they would ship it that way). I might have been "back flushing" it. I'll try it again tomorrow in the daylight and post an update.

Thanks for every one's help.

Stephen