Sedra 3500 pump going bad?

Reybeast

I have a Euroreef CS6-2 with the Sedra 3500 pump, and my pump is making wayyy too many bubbles, to the point that it comes out the riser tube (even with a foam filter on it), the sump water turns white with bubbles, then my main tank turns white with bubbles and you cant see anything. I have tried letting the skimmer run for a while and let the fish bump into stuff, but it never stops. I then tried mixing some fresh salt water overnight, then putting the pump in a clear bucket to watch the action, and it looked like someone dumped a box of Alkaselzer in there, it was foaming and bubbling like crazy! So it cant be my tank water. I even tried moving the 1/4 inch spacer from the front of the impeller to the rear and that did reduce the amount created, but it seems the bubbles are so small, it just foams. Any thoughts? Oh, the impeller is about 3 months old and not missing teeth. I pinged Euroreef and they gave me some tips and pointed me to

http://www.euro-reef.com/euro-reef-product-maintenance.asp

I was wondering if any of youse have a skimmer that uses the same pump and if I can bring mine over to try on your skimmer. That way i can see if the problem is with my pump?

This is my impeller: http://euro-reef.com/pdf/reference/euro-re...er-assembly.pdf

This is what my pump looks like, it has the 3/4 inch outlet: http://www.f3images.com/IMD/250/AG1633/AG1633_1.jpg

Good news! Skimmer is working the best it ever has! Making the really large crusty looking skimmate. I did 3 things.

1. added phosban reactor with activated charcoal to sump

2. started using Kents Liquid Calcium reactor

3. ran skimmer pump for a couple of days in a 1:1 mix of water and white vinegar. I did note that when I first put the pump in the vinegar mix, it was making the very frothy (alkaselzer) bubbles. Right before I went to bed, the bubbles looked larger. That night I put the airtube under the water surface so that water would get sucked in through there too so it would get cleaned. Next day, I pulled the tube out to get air and left it like that all day. When I got home last night, the bubbles were not frothy at all, much larger and very smooth. Rinsed the pump out with water a few times and popped it into the sump, lowered the riser tube almost all the way down and cranked it up. Skimmate started to form quickly but was larger and no where near as foamy as it had been. Sump didnt fill up with bubbles and its working great!

post-746-1235756587_thumb.jpg

The two things that come to mind are you had something stuck in the pump in which case it sounds fixed, or something internal is leaking/leaching into the water and the problem will be back. I am betting on the first case.