55g pics

ysanford

Your sump pics are really making me consider splitting my single drain and running a center return.

I haven't built my sump yet (still need to get glass cut) and I have been going back and forth between a center refugium and a center return...one requires new plumbing, the other doesn't...

Your sump pics are really making me consider splitting my single drain and running a center return.

I haven't built my sump yet (still need to get glass cut) and I have been going back and forth between a center refugium and a center return...one requires new plumbing, the other doesn't...

splitting the drain and controling the flow with a ball valve prevents you from "over running" your fuge..if I run a center fuge on mine I would have 1800gph passing through it.....not exactally what you want in a fuge IMHO

Makes sense...I think my plumbing just got more expensive. :D

With all that being said....i am now running a center refugium with 1800 gph flowing over it :) ...long story but in my sump it works better this way...however IF I had designed my sump it would have been side fuge.

How close are you to setting up your system?

Well...lighting won't be here for another 3-4 weeks.

I'm hoping to start cycling before then, though...hopefully within two weeks or so.

Gotta order the glass for the baffles. Hope that doesn't take too long. Might do that in the next few days.

Stand should get painted this weekend.

Skimmer's ordered. RO/DI system is here. Needs to be installed. Maybe this weekend as well.

Lots of crap to do. :)

Well...lighting won't be here for another 3-4 weeks.

I'm hoping to start cycling before then, though...hopefully within two weeks or so.

Gotta order the glass for the baffles. Hope that doesn't take too long. Might do that in the next few days.

Stand should get painted this weekend.

Skimmer's ordered. RO/DI system is here. Needs to be installed. Maybe this weekend as well.

Lots of crap to do. :)

Sounds like you got just about everything in order. I wish I would have considered the fuge before I built the stand. Plan 3 times build once it is a lot easier. shovel crap to grow the fruit. Edited by thesanfords

Sounds like you got just about everything in order. I wish I would have considered the fuge before I built the stand. Plan 3 times build once it is a lot easier. shovel crap to grow the fruit.

My stand/sump is a story in itself.

I bought the tank/stand/sump. 75G tank, 20G sump

Then I found a 29G tank to use for quarantine.

Then I decided I like the 29G better as a sump because it gives room for a fuge.

Then I had to modify the stand to accommodate the new sump.

So now I've got a modified stand ready for paint and a sump with no baffles. :D

(and a lot of work to do)

I was just noticing...it looks like you're plugged directly into a couple of power strips and straight to the wall...no UPS?

UPS? they live in the villages of the hills of lakeway...the only time they lose power is if Jeeves trips a breaker while using a 2 handed buffer to wax the yacht!

seriously though get a **** ups...we are surrounded by them at the office

UPS? they live in the villages of the hills of lakeway...the only time they lose power is if Jeeves trips a breaker while using a 2 handed buffer to wax the yacht!

seriously though get a **** ups...we are surrounded by them at the office

I lose power if it's 100 degrees outside and we have the A/C and washing machine on and someone turns on the microwafe or a hairdryer. :D

I guess I could just grab one at the office. Those ******** are heavy, I will have to drag it off the dock, then put it in the pickup, then through the house, and up the stairs. and look at it for four days untill I finally get to plugging it in. But that is a project for another day. Right now I have to get the temerature regulated. As for the micro bubbles, not to much trouble a little at start up then that is it. Anything that I have to create bubble is plummed before the trap. So I have no problems. On top of that I have a low flow fuge and the down pipes are under the water level, and vented above the level.

Edited by thesanfords

I guess I could just grab one at the office. Those ******** are heavy, I will have to drag it off the dock, then put it in the pickup, then through the house, and up the stairs. and look at it for four days untill I finally get to plugging it in. But that is a project for another day. Right now I have to get the temerature regulated. As for the micro bubbles, not to much trouble a little at start up then that is it. Anything that I have to create bubble is plummed before the trap. So I have no problems. On top of that I have a low flow fuge and the down pipes are under the water level, and vented above the level.

**** man...the small ones fool...you don't need a matrix5000..just a personal one