lamptree

blindside

yeah i broke the dayam bulb off, i heard that was pretty much the only way on the fixture, is to wrap a shirt around the bulb to create a loop, and yank! one side will come off the other will break, then you use pliars to take the other side off, it worked. but putting th bulb in was another problem. ha.

oh and starfire, yeah i was looking at that, not too much moving going on yet, i tried to put the glass top on... but it looks so ugly when it gets all foggy. i didnt like it, so hopefully it stays put till i can find something more permanent... or a better wuality mic stand :( ha

Forgot where I saw it but someone got creative and decide to use a mirror polished, stainless steal bowl to create a lamp shade. It actually looks really nice and this guy has what I believe a solana tank. It had a clean look to it. I'll try and see if I can find it.

that actually looks pretty good. Nice and industrial. I wonder if anyone has ever tried making a glass/acrylic top counter sunk so the majority of the surface touches the waters surface. That way no condensation and you could see right down into the tank.

Then algae grows like crazy on it. I have that problem on the braces for my tank.

+1 agreed

on a side note i have seen people use EMT (electrical conduit) bent in a nice "u" shape (more like an upside down "j") to hange their halides....basically a full tree can be made dirt cheap....it is usually then painted as not to look so crappy.

not EXACTALLY what I was talking about but here are some examples:

example 1

example 2

Edited by Capt. Obvious

I actually made one out of EMT and spray painted it black. Looks pretty good but I decided hanging it would work better for me, but blindside if your interested I could let it go for cheap. Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out

+1 agreed

on a side note i have seen people use EMT (electrical conduit) bent in a nice "u" shape (more like an upside down "j") to hange their halides....basically a full tree can be made dirt cheap....it is usually then painted as not to look so crappy.

not EXACTALLY what I was talking about but here are some examples:

example 1

example 2

The concept of the industrial look w/conduit is what I saw. Just tidy up the cords and you can always strap them down to the pipe so they won't be so visible.....and you'll have a modern, clean look. Still looking for that DIY thread.