Diving in Puerto Vallarta

GKarshens

Here are a few of the photos. There was a plankton bloom going so visibility was only about 20'. It also played havoc with my camera trying to focus. So I only got a few good ones.

gallery_15_12_104913.jpg

gallery_15_12_5261.jpg

Can you find the Puffer?

gallery_15_12_34932.jpg

gallery_15_12_948.jpg

gallery_15_12_74171.jpg

gallery_15_12_90100.jpg

gallery_15_12_177665.jpg

Peek-a-boo. See all the Mysis in the water?

gallery_15_12_7628.jpg

gallery_15_12_31305.jpg

Nice. A few of questions...what are the tanks for? Backup air supply for divers or just abandoned? And the plankton blooms...is that a seasonal occurrence in the area or was Al Gore in town? And of course, what kind of camera/gear did you use to take these? Do you have to use auto focus? I'm guessing it's pretty tough to try and use manual focus with plankton everywhere and extra glass in between your eyes and the viewer. TIA

Nice. A few of questions...what are the tanks for? Backup air supply for divers or just abandoned? And the plankton blooms...is that a seasonal occurrence in the area or was Al Gore in town? And of course, what kind of camera/gear did you use to take these? Do you have to use auto focus? I'm guessing it's pretty tough to try and use manual focus with plankton everywhere and extra glass in between your eyes and the viewer. TIA

Thanks. The tanks were just down there abandoned. Not sure why or how they got there.

I think the plankton is a seasonal thing. That is why they have Whales there this time of year. Although we didn't see any. Not sure I get the Al Gore joke.

The Camera is a Panasonic Lumix. I bought the housing that is made for it. It is a point and shoot so there is no manual focus. It would have been extremely difficult to use even if there was. I would love to get a housing for my SLR but they are about $2000!

Thanks Seahorsejl