Has anyone had trouble with oddysea lighting

tropheusmaster

I bought a used 72" setup with 3 MH and two 130watt each actinics and moon lights. I had to replace all bulbs at start. The MH's are 175 watt which no one sells but finally found some on ebay. (but i was told 150 watt will work as well) hardley no one sells 130 watt power compacts either except Dr Foster and Smith, then after I got all new bulbs installed I found that the ballast that controls the actinic power compacts was out. this ballast had no markings at all on it to try to replace it. and you can not contact the manufactuer. I had to buy a used icecap 660 ballast to run them then that ballast fried in 3 months. I still have not replaced the icecap. then the switch that controls the MH's broke and the unit is smelling like it is burning. oh yeah several moon lights went out too.

Does anyone have a decent light at a decent price for a 180 gallon tank i prefer to stay away from the MH'S

Thanks Kenny

Temple, Texas

I bought a used 72" setup with 3 MH and two 130watt each actinics and moon lights. I had to replace all bulbs at start. The MH's are 175 watt which no one sells but finally found some on ebay. (but i was told 150 watt will work as well) hardley no one sells 130 watt power compacts either except Dr Foster and Smith, then after I got all new bulbs installed I found that the ballast that controls the actinic power compacts was out. this ballast had no markings at all on it to try to replace it. and you can not contact the manufactuer. I had to buy a used icecap 660 ballast to run them then that ballast fried in 3 months. I still have not replaced the icecap. then the switch that controls the MH's broke and the unit is smelling like it is burning. oh yeah several moon lights went out too.

Does anyone have a decent light at a decent price for a 180 gallon tank i prefer to stay away from the MH'S

Thanks Kenny

Temple, Texas

You can have that icecap ballast fixed for about $70 thru icecap.I just got mine back from them.I will buy your dead icecap ballast if you dont want to send it back. The mh switch shouldnt be too hard to fix. Lots of folks are using t5 lighting nowadays. the icecap ballast can run those in a retro set up. or you can get a store bought set up like a tek or somethin

yeah i contacted them, and it is 65.00 plus parts but i decided not to go that route, it keeps blowing fuses. i checked everything on my lights and it is the ballast causing the problem. i did cut the pop rivets and opened the case looking for moisture but i did not touch nothing inside. make me an offer and it is yours. it was manufactured in 2003.

Oddysea is below the bottom of the barrel. It is complete junk. Their 175MH is a lie, it is 150w. The 6"x6" reflectors are even worse yet. They will not spread the light. You can squeeze Workhorse Fulham ballasts into the fixtures to replace the burned out PC set up. Be careful as Oddysea used to be Jebo, do an online search using "Jebo" or "Oddysea" and the word "fire" just for fun.