Reddish Brown Rust Looking Algae

Cuber54

Looks like reddish brown rust looking algae that is starting to come up on part of my live rock. What is this? Cyano? If so how can i get rid of this. This is on my 1.5 gallon pico tank that has been up and running for about 2 months. I have been doing weekly water changes and also have pretty good flow in the tank and filtration. I also have chemipure elite running in the tank. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Did you use live rock from a previously established tank or were you cycling new rock? It sounds like cyanobacteria and it's a natural cycling process if it's newly cycling rock.

I'd leave it alone and allow it to do it's own cycling if it were my tank. I always leave it and it goes away naturally after a few days to a couple weeks.

As i got to thinking about it, it doesnt look slimey, it looks like rusty ive never seen it before, but it truly is a rust color. I had the tank running for about a month and a half, i introduced some live rock that was already cured and recylced some of my old water and sand from my 12gal nano that had been running for 3 years. I currently have xenia and anthelia some zoos and a couple of mushrooms in there. Everything seems to be doing good nothing dying, im doing weekly changes since its such a small tank and have good flow.

Im guessing im going to cut the lights for about 3 days. Are you sure everything will be okay?

Thanks