Vanuatu mystery coral

fishypets

Well this little puddle looks like it has potential to be something special. I first noticed it about a month ago while inspecting my rock. Keep in mind the rock was harvested from Vanuatu and then ended up in Austin some time later. There it "cured" in a live rock vat at Kingfish aquariums for three weeks with no lights, only a skimmer. I can only imagine the cycle this coral went through, not to mention the trip to my house and laid out on my cold living room floor while I planned the aquascape. It's hard to tell from this picture put the polyps are neon green and the coral is starting to turn purple! It's way to early to tell what species of sps it is but I'm very excited to have it.

I'm starting a waiting list for frags and they'll go for about $200.00 per 1/2 inch. :)

Check it out.

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7576.jpg

• 3 months later...

Don't give up on it Clint, it still may turn out to be something special. If it looked good in the past, it may look good again in the future. It's not like you need the real estate in your tank just yet.

Jennifer you're welcome to a frag of it, but it comes with the rock attatched to it.

Mike trust me it's not GSP. Does that stuff even grow in the ocean? Come to think of it I never see it in underwater shots or in coral books.