Some shots of My Escape

Tom619

These are great photos. I never really thought it took pro training to take a decent picture, or even an expensive camera. You see a lot of people using pricey gear but often they lack imagination or rely on close ups to compensate. Most of these photos have really unusual compositions and angles. You're not doing anything wrong at all.

I totally agree w/both of you. Seahorsejl........we (you & I) must be new to the Digital SLR. I'm still learning on how to adjust certain settings. I figure that if I take shots in RAW mode, it pretty much lets me make certain corrections. Not to go off topic but this is the reason I needed a much faster camera, I could zoom in closer and capture these shots. Yeah....that's my girl---in red.

_MG_2397.jpg

I recently took this one.

gallery_40_5_34043.jpg

Well I'm certainly guilty of my own comments. I wouldn't mind having a better camera, myself. But I think when it comes to photographing aquatic life, it's all too easy to become seduced by the technical power of DSLR and expensive lenses. You know, the super macros that focus on the surface features of things our naked eye can't easily see. It's cool and I'm not disparaging such things. I'm knee deep in learning it too. But composition is also important. The relationship between a given thing and another within a finite space. That's what strikes me about a few of these photos. At times you see a perfect correlation with the golden ratio, in others he's totally "breaking the rules" with different dynamic angles. It's something to think about when taking photos of any subject matter IMO.

You can see the golden ratio in effect with this one picture in particular.

golden-ratio-example.jpg

yeah, the water is so friggen clear! It's like glass. I left all pumps running while the shots were taken too.

much of that credit goes to my mama's filter socks I've been using for months. I now have them available for sale if everyone is interested

http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?showtopic=4813

Edited by Tom619

• 2 weeks later...