reefcleaners.org

medi

I defintely want in on this too. I need ot order some more limpets (explanation later), a couple of fuzzy chiotns, and maybe a few other things.

I'll post exactly what by the end of the weekend.

Stephen

My fuzzy chiton died after 4 days. Hopefully yours fare better!

sounds good. I will try to contact reefcleaners tomorrow and see if there is a good way to set up payment through their website, and who knows if we order enough maybe we will even get a discount. :)

Here is what I learned the hard way, and might have had something to do with yours dying.

On the limpets and chitons, you definitely need to individually stick them to the rocks. I had a big order I got this week, and was trying to get everything in the tank. I didn't place the limpets and chitons on the rocks, and put them in the sand bed. The Nssarius snails devastated the limpets, and might have killed both chitons as well. I did get them later and put them on rocks, and got a few of the limpets on rocks and glass, but not before the N-snails had killed over half of them.

Stephen

My fuzzy chiton died after 4 days. Hopefully yours fare better!

MAAST members get a 25% discount. I saw that he also sponsored ACR, but am unsure if there is a discount for ACR members as well (I would guess there would be, since he is a sponsor).

Stephen

I think we get a discount through ARC.

When do you want everyone to have their orders in to you?

MAAST members get a 25% discount. I saw that he also sponsored ARC, but am unsure if there is a discount for ARC members as well (I would guess there would be, since he is a sponsor).

Stephen

I think we get a discount through ARC.

When do you want everyone to have their orders in to you?

Edited by reefman

This is what reefcleaners.org has to say about group buys. I know both paragraphs are a little redundant, but I don't feel like editing. The order is set to ship on Monday 01-19, so your order needs to be in by Friday 01-16 in order to make sure they have time to process the order. Simply follow the steps below to place your order, and make sure you use the code "reefclub" to get a 25% discount. Also, if you place an order please say so on this thread so I can keep track of who all needs directions to my house to pick up your order.

Thanks,

Calvin

Group Buys

In order to make life easier for those coordinating group buys, we have developed a system for your orders.

1. Because group buys are likely to qualify for free shipping, just tell your members to use the free shipping option "Group Buy". We will package all of their orders seperately, and mark them by the individuals name. So all you will have to do on pickup day is hand them the bags with their name on them. If for some reason your group buy does not qualify for free shipping, we will bill each of your members a pro-rata difference for the shipping costs. It will be based on total amounts of their orders.This has never been a problem to date.

2. Have your members mention the club or organization of the group buy in the note field during checkout.

It is that simple. Just post that you want to do a group buy at the website/forum/club you belong to, tell them to do their shopping here, and pay here and when the deadline arrives for us for that week's shipment all of those in are good to go. No need to front money, no need to add up totals, or answer emails, or talk to unsure shoppers. We will even send you a template post to help you explain the rules of the group buy to your members.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in this website. We will contact you shortly about your group buy. In the mean time here is some info that helps the process go along smoothly:

The closing day will have to be two days before the scheduled shipping day for the group buy. This gives us enough lead time to get everything in order, and to make sure to limit our regular orders so we can package the group order correctly. Tell the members of the group to use the code "reefclub" to get 25% off our order. Then just have your members make their orders straight through the site, but have them choose the group buy shipping option during checking out, it is free.

Then we package all the orders, placing the name of the person on the bag and ship on the selected day. That is about it. If you have the thread on a forum, let me know if I am allowed to post there, and I can help answer questions as they come up, saving you the trouble of relaying the message.

In the unfortunate vent that there are losses, have the purchaser email me directly, (through our site), and will take care of the problem.

All the Best,

John Maloney

well several of the things I purchased require overnight shipping so it will come overnight either way. I am hoping enough people participate so we can meet the $150 to qualify for free shipping, but if not it should still be cheaper to order the crabs off the reefcleaners

well several of the things I purchased require overnight shipping so it will come overnight either way. I am hoping enough people participate so we can meet the $150 to qualify for free shipping, but if not it should still be cheaper to order the crabs off the reefcleaners

I haven't put in my order and I think a lot of other people haven't as well so we will see how we end up.

For crabs, reefcleaners will be much cheaper..$.55 for hermits vs. $3 @ LFS. Emeralds are $3 vs $8 (LFS).

In order to assure shipping on Monday I am going to close the group buy on Friday 1/16. Also, we have met the quota for free shipping so if anyone needs anything cheap feel free to jump in

The bags are SUPPOSED to be marked by name. They better be otherwise we are going to have one heck of a time trying to sort everything out. Also, I still need everyone who placed an order so I can give directions to my place.