Help me convert my tank!!!

Erock

Hello everyone,

I have a 45g corner tank that i am going to convert from brackish water to salt water and i am super pumped about it!!! I'm looking for a few things to get it going.

Lights - not going to be reef specific but i'd like to do some corals. 20" to 24" will fit. Around $200

Live rock - Trying to get a little bit of a deal compared to what they are charging at the store. The amount you charge will determine how much i will take. probably around $100

Substrate - I bought sand from Amazonia when i started the brackish tank. not sure if its good enough but i also would like to add some crushed coral to give it a more realistic appearance. $??

Cleaning crew - If you want to get rid of some of your crabs, shells, or whatever else i might need I'd probably take it from ya.

Filter? - I've been told that because i am going to be doing more of a fish aquarium rather than a coral aquarium my penguin biowheel filter should be ok to get me going but if you have something lying around that would be better i'd be interested.

any other goodies that a n00b like myself should know about? hurry hurry hurry... i'm excited to do this!!!

Tanks,

Eric

edit - I'm also going to need to rehome 2 puffers 2 knight gobies and 2 cats if anyone is interested.

Edited by Erock

I have an Aquamedic Starlight 250w HQI Metal Halide I will sell for $175 if you're interested. I think it has an Ushio 20k bulb in it right now that was only used for maybe a month. It works fine the last time I plugged it in and the nice thing about these is the ballast is built in so you don't have to worry about a super big ballast in the back of your tank, it's all just one big pendant. And if you want, I have a 5lb bag of blue sand that hasn't been opened yet that I will throw in for free if you want it.

-Steve

Oh, btw, the light measures exactly 24" wide.

Edited by Nano_Steve

I sold a set up a couple of months ago to an individual that lurks around as Darth Tater (find him and his post at maast.org), rumor is he put the entire tank up for sale today. It is listed at $175. For that price you get a 75g tank, stand, 175w aquamedic pendant with ballast, an Eheim 2213 canister filter, and I think you might even get the 20g of sugar fine sand and 30lbs of rock I tossed in.

Hey I figured not only will you get your light for less than $200 but I know that another member here is desperately looking for a 75g tank. You could easily sell the sand, canister filter (Eheim=$$) or use it on the tank, 75g tank and stand to completely offset the cost of the light. Think free or almost free light.

I have a Fluval 405 that I used for about 6 months on a Cichlid tank I used to have. It worked great up until the time I unplugged it, now it is sitting in a box in my garage. If you are interested I could let it go for around a $100.