Dallas Cowboys

tropheusmaster

yeah you could say that. I am a loyal Cowboys fan and I finally left the room. It is very sad to see a team with such talent, blow their whole season. What the Cowboys need is a coach who will put his foot down and get his team in control. I think Jason Garrett is a great coach, but I am not sure he would be ready to replace Phillips, assuming that time comes. I would love to see either Bill Cowher, or even better, Jimmy Johnson come out of retirement and take the reigns for the Cowboys. Maybe next year

Not sure about Garret. I hear rumours he will be getting the axe. but then it is just a rumour. Wade Phillips is not as good of a coach as his daddy was with the Houston Oilers. I feel Phillips is too soft on his team. Barber not playing with his heart as he did earlier in the year, I mean i know he was injured and he is not back to completely healed but he is still different. I say keep him and bring him back to his old self by next season or put him as second. Work hard on Choice and get him more into the game plays, his heart seems to be there, he wants his chance to shine. T.O. is okay, he wants to win badly, he needs more training to be in sink with the QB. also work on some different runs as he is so well covered every game, also work on his temper cause it takes a toll on his playing when behind on the score board. witten is ok but he is not in sink on some plays needs to work on that. Tony Romo=====Goodbye buddy you aint cutting it. you over throw, under throw, throw to ghost, call plays no one understands and change plays a second before plays start with out telling anyone. get your head out of Jessicas butt and get it in the game or hit the road jack. BUT who will we replace him with? Brad Johnson or the 3rd guy i cant spell his name neither of them can cut it. Jimmy Johnson needs to stay out of locker room and field and let coaches do thier job as well.

WELL THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!!

Edited by tropheusmaster

not to be a stickler, but Jimmy Johnson is the old coach from the 90's when the cowboys were kickin butt and takin names. I believe you mean Jerry Jones needs to stay off the sidelines, which by the way I totally agree, but anyways I think Romo can get the job done he just needs time to grow in his position. I say give him one more season and if he can't get his stuff together then he gets the boot. I don't think Romo is the main problem. The problem is that the Cowboys have forgotten that old saying my high school coach used to say " there is no I in team". They have to learn to play together, but also have to have a coach who will make them straighten out. I think it is time to fire Phillips, and get some serious discipline going. JMHO

well i guess i agree to some point on Romo, I have seen him shine in desperate situations. I guess we tend to overlook his good and kick him when he is down. he has done well in some cases breaking away from the sacks, but he has really slacked off lately. I just wish we could get back to the 70's and 80's cowboys again.

I just watched part of a program on this very subject it was filmed at the new cowboys staduim construction. it says due to the salary cap and bonus it is hard to fire anyone without it costing tons of money so that prolly wont happen. there are several defense players that will be up or open for change but thats all. it says they will have to work with what they have and train better. Just what i heard today on TV

Edited by tropheusmaster

My take:

Keep Romo, and Phillips as DC. Dismiss Pacman(3 strikes?), TO(too disruptive when losing, not team enough.)

Hire Cowher(wouldn't that hurt though, him being a Steeler man?), give him total control(meaning; Jerry, keep your butt in your box, your mouth shut tight, and your pen at the ready), sit back and enjoy the ride.