STILL NEW AT THIS!!

cmanning

Well I guess I was a good girl this year....Santa was very nice and got me this for Christmas http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_eos50d.asp. I'm still learning-----need to learn a lot but I'm having fun. I still need to get 2 more lenses that I'll be needing. Cough, cough :) ....my birthday is next month, maybe I should tell my husband about this one.

Here's a few shots I took, nothing special, but still learning.

post-40-1230257362_thumb.jpg

post-40-1230257486_thumb.jpg

post-40-1230257603_thumb.jpg

post-40-1230257542_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend changing your White Balance and also using a lower ISO to get crisper images. If you use a lower ISO in manual I think it might take it out of image stabilizer though and you might want to use a tripod in that case. Try using 80 ISO and see if you like the difference and change the White Balance to an outdoor setting since the lights on our tanks are so bright!

Great shots!

-Steve

I'd recommend changing your White Balance and also using a lower ISO to get crisper images. If you use a lower ISO in manual I think it might take it out of image stabilizer though and you might want to use a tripod in that case. Try using 80 ISO and see if you like the difference and change the White Balance to an outdoor setting since the lights on our tanks are so bright!

Great shots!

-Steve

Thanks for the advice......I need all I can get. As for the tripod......I got it a week later and it makes such a difference. I'll try what you suggested and will post some pics.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

-Cindy-