Palythoa Grandis 10 Years

Grog

These guys needed their own post.  This colony of Palythoa Grandis has been passed around over the years.   I had it way back when, in maybe my second marine tank ever.  Not sure how long it has been in the club, and who else has taken care of them, but they have been around for at least 10 years and maybe more.

Here is a picture of the colony in 2013, 10 years ago.   Brown, but they were cool back then!  :D

Paly Grandis 2013 05 18.JPG

Here is a picture of it today, with 22 heads, colored up with brown, green, blue, and white.   Love this coral!

Grandis 2023-12-03.png

Special shout out to Tim for safe keeping these guys while I was on hiatus from the obsession!

This shows what lighting and other climatic conditions can do to a coral.   Amazing to see the difference.  

FWIW:  I think this is their happy place.   IMO they should look like this and are prospering.   They are growing and additional heads have appeared.  I expect them to take over the top of the rock where there is space in the next few months.  I will grow them until their next caretaker needs to take over.  :)

• Like 1