Galaxea

Grog

Galaxea glued to a piece of live rock.   Put it in the tank and I noticed this white stuff.   At first, it was in the area where I glued it, so I was like whatever.   Its super glue and eventually coraline and zoas and Galaxea will cover it.   Ignored it.   But I took a mental note.

Now I see the white mass below the Galexea is spreading.   Now you can see it in the zone A in the image.  It has spread to another rock.  It was not there a week or two ago.

And I notice the nodules below in the white mass labeled B.    They look very similar to the base of this Galaxea.  Is this mass of webby material Galaxea growth, the start of a skeleton?  Or something else?

Should I move the zoas?  (Galaxea is far more important to me than zoas.  like totally.)

Marked up and non-marked up images attached.

2023-11-27 Galaxea Green Markup.png

2023-11-27 Galaxea Green.png

I'd say it's some kind of sponge.  Just leave everything and wait to see what happens.  It likely won;t grow into the light much more than it has already.  if the parts exposed to light start turning grey then black then I would take it out.

• Like 1