Anenome

Nurse Nini

Okay, I'll start a new topic for this one..

My anenome has migrated to behind our rocks. I moved some around yesterday (when we had the canopy off changing the fan direction -thanks).

Anyway, this morning he is on the backside of another rock. We've had him for 8 days. He was really flat last night when I turned him around, and I was a little worried about him because I could see through him (and I heard that was bad),

Around 4am he was still in front, but on the move, but he was pretty full and looking good again.

Anything I can do? Do I just accept that I paid for him and will never see him?

Will he come back out once we put clowns in again?

Lots of questions because you guys are so good at answering them. :D

chances are that he will find a place that he likes and that is visible to you as he will seek out a location with ideal flow and lighting. dont try to relocate him by force but you may incourage his choice by directing current into places that you dont want him to be. usually they do not tolerate direct current yet prefer the current to pass near by or across them. if he is clear and white then he may have bleached (expelled is zooanthelae). if so feed him small amounts of chopped seafoods and/or mysis daily until he regains his color. hth

robert

I am still pretty much new at this but what about the lights? How long ago did the lights get changed or is that something that could also effect it?

When I put my sebae in my tank, it was white and hated the halide lights. It took about 4 weeks before it would stay put under them.

Jill

The lights have not been changed since we got the tank.

Thanks for the info....here's to hoping he comes back out.

We changed the direction of the jet (whatever it's called..I'm having a blonde moment! confused1.gif ) and he seems to be on the move again.

• 3 weeks later...
How 'bout an update?  How is the anemone doing?  I'm about to get one for my tank, so I wanted to see if yours settled down.

He died. sad7.gif Found him dead this afternoon. He's been acting wierd this whole time...he flattened out twice, and he had been closing himself up totally these last couple of days.

I'll be getting a new one tonight or tomorrow....I am taking my three blue-green chromis to Steve at Horizon, but I am having a heck of a time catching the buggers! I've got a trap in there now with food, hopefully they'll be stupid. :)

Thanks for asking!