Tank animals that can bore into LR?

Austinvines

I was feeding my LPS last night after lights out and had a red LED headlamp on and noticed what appeared to be a small crab in what appeared to be a newly excavated hole in a large piece of live rock. Whatever it was would not come out with the light on it (even the red one) and so I never got a good look. I left the tank for 10 minutes and when I got back, it was gone but the hole was very apparent (about the diameter of a Sharpie pen and maybe 1.5-2" deep).

What kinds of critters can do that to live rock? I don't know if some other animal drilled it out and this crab-thing was just using it as short-term shelter since he wasn't there this morning, or if this crab-thing did it. Of course, having an unknown crab in the tank creates its own issues if it isn't reef safe but I will to see it in full view before I can speculate on that.

2 and 3 were actually made! I cannot imagine the gloriousness and shear idiocy that "Episode 3" gave the world. happy3.gif Come on, Dude, if anyone knows of a critter that can do this it is you. Of course, it may have been a natural hole that this crab decided to clean out and make it his own. confused4.gif