Musicians

JimD

Any musicians out there willing to dedicate some time to record? I have a ProTools LE 7.1 studio in beautiful south Austin and Im wanting to put a little band together to record. You dont have to be a virtuoso, just kinda know your way around a fretboard or keys, be creative and be willing to take a certain ammount of direction. I have several songs in the hole to get started with. I also have most of the equipment so hauling yours shouldnt be an issue, Fender guitar amp, Hartke bass amp, full blown PA, tons of pro mics, the works. Im a drummer and Im looking for guitars, bass, keys, whatever. A little jammin a little recordin, just for the fun of it! Maybe even toss back a beer or two. Lemme know if this sounds like something youd like to do.

Later!

Sweet, I just got a new Martin. Would love to come jam sometime.

Great! I have others that seem interested, the more the merrier! As soon as I can get something organized, Ill get with you on the details. Jamming is fun but recording is the main objective. Thats gonna require some commitment. Could be a blast!

yep, either....poorly. i will practice. i have no callouses  confused2.gif

Ever considered playing the bass??? If I could find a solid reliable bass player, this project would soar! What the heck is this shell thing about? Like trading stamps or something?

i'll give the bass a go if you have one.  

i think the shells have some future value and will be traded for sponsor donated stuff like new cars and airfare to new zealand and stuff like that, so i try to talk a lot.................

I have two basses, one fretted and one fretless, which do you prefer? lol.. New Zealand huh... hhmmm...

Sounds pretty good Andrew, I especialy like the tone of that guitar, the recording was a little over driven at times but the reverb effect was a nice touch. With a little EQ, some compression, maybe some chorus and delay, possibly some multi-track layering, we could get it to sound much thicker and ballsier. What did you use to record those tracks with?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok cool! So far we have:

Andrew, rhythm guitar/vocals?

Robert, bass/electric guitar.

Garrett, bass/guitar/vocal.

Id really like to find an organ/keyboard player whos familiar whith the Hammond B3 sound and also maybe a sax player and some harmony vocalists. Being Austin Texas, the live music capital of the world, I would think that folks would be jumping out of the woodwork at an opportunity like this! FREE STUDIO TIME! All I ask in return is some committment to the objective,,,, >>>making a record<<< and I have the tools to make it happen. Im thinking about trying to put this thing together in the relatively near future. Garrett, I be calling you soon! Please guys, no egos or attitudes, I know how ya'll music people can be. lmao!

Nice Paul ya have there! Nice tank too by the way! Actually, my wife sings also and is my ProTools engineer and shes dang good at it. We dont use as many tabs as much as charts, but hey, do what ya gotta do to git er done! The kind of music is, well, Im not real sure yet to tell you the truth, some of the stuff hasent really been developed far enough to be catagorized. Kinda like swing meets gospel meets jazz meets hard rock, lol. Just let the feeling flow and see what happens. Most of the arrangements are already in place though.

Groovy!

October is going to be a very busy month for me, so I was planning on something early to mid November, are ya'll up for that? Anybody else? I had one other, but for lack of communication and follow through, my offer has expired. Some people just like to talk b.s. I guess.

Mid November works for me.....will we be turning it up way too loud at some point??? I've got a lot of songs in the works....and some complete....they're not what I would label as "Christian"......I've also been working on some "Hank Williams Jr.-esque type of country" stuff: "Travel Trailer" "Broken Gold" "Lately I've Been Too Drunk To Kill Myself" and many more that are just waiting to turn Platinum.

• 3 weeks later...