Wavebox vs power head by Tunze

bananags

I am thinking about building a wavebox using a Tunze 6100,6200 type

there are many website and you tube on this DIY

my question here is: if the same controller is use to control the same tunze powerhead,

why would one prefer a wavebox over just one Tunze powerhead

i guess, I am asking what pros and cons between using the power head as is or but it in a box, ain't they both can create waves in the tank? why go through the extra step to build a box around it

Also, if someone has a wavebox, please let me know if the outlet should be placed closer to the top of the tank, in the middle or below, or does it matter for creating wave?

thanks

Anh

Edited by bananags

I am thinking about building a wavebox using a Tunze 6100,6200 type

there are many website and you tube on this DIY

my question here is: if the same controller is use to control the same tunze powerhead,

why would one prefer a wavebox over just one Tunze powerhead

i guess, I am asking what pros and cons between using the power head as is or but it in a box, ain't they both can create waves in the tank? why go through the extra step to build a box around it

Also, if someone has a wavebox, please let me know if the outlet should be placed closer to the top of the tank, in the middle or below, or does it matter for creating wave?

thanks

Anh

I have both the wavebox and the Stream. Personally, in my 225 gallon, the wavebox does all of the work. I really don't understand the stream? It can also vary in power and frequency but doesn't seem to create the waves that the box will. Secondly, it's waaaayyyy overpriced (stream) for $300+. I also have a SEIO 1500 that moves 1500 gph and only costs $70!

Not sure of your tank size?

Placement of the wavebox has a "Blue" line on it. That should be level with your water level when there is no motion.

The wavebox works great!