*Price Reduced -AquaC Ev-180 skimmer (new) for sale

HarleyGuy

Unused (like new) AquaC Ev-180 skimmer for sale. New it was $339, I'll take $200 or BO. This skimmer will work for tanks up to 180 gallons. It is very nice and basically brand new (never used) but my sump is too small to fit it so I had to buy another. I have a tiny sump and very small space under my tank. I think I have an extra collection cup as well.

Features:

• Flexible design for in-sump or external applications.
  • The new EV Series skimmers are designed to run in sumps WITHOUT BEING RAISED. The output gate valve has been increased to a height of 10" (EV-120/180 models), which means that as long as your sump level is 9" or lower you will not need to worry about fluctuations having an impact on skimming consistency. The powerful EV-120 can sit in water as deep as 9".
  • The addition of a precision ball valve for airflow control allows the aquarist to fine tune the skimmer`s output. Unlike most other high performance skimmers in this class, the EV is remarkably silent. The spray injection system does not generate the sucking noises typical of venturi and Beckett units.
  • The John Guest "Speedfit" fitting is a great feature you will only find on AquaC ozone-equipped skimmers. This fitting is standard on models EV-240 and above, and can be ordered on the EV-120/180. Aquarists may also connect their calcium reactor effluent line to the skimmer`s speedfit connection. The pH of a calcium reactor effluent typically falls between 6.5-6.9, and over time the addition of this low pH effluent can have a deleterious effect on the system`s pH level. By dosing your effluent directly into the skimmer, excess CO2 will be "blown off" into the atmosphere and the tank pH will remain unaffected.
  • The improved "Twist-Lock" collection cup and cap makes for a secure, flanged connection without the need for set screws or other locking type unions. Simply twist to crack the seal (EPDM gaskets) and removal requires a scant ¼" clearance. The new EV Series skimmers can be operated with AquaC`s auto-waste container, which are available in 2.5 and 5 liter sizes.
  • Increased contact time = more protein removal. The size of the mixing box has been increased on all models by approximately 40%. To accommodate the extra foam the skimmers now feature taller and wider reaction towers, as well.

Message me if interested.

John

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

Update - I'll take $150 to recover part of the money that I have in this. This price is cheaper than anything on Ebay or anywhere else for this skimmer and about 50% cheaper than most. This is an excellent skimmer that just wont fit my tiny sump. I have an extra collection cup for it as well (these are large collection cups)

Archived