Cadlights BR1 Biopellet Reactor SCA 302 Skimmer - $75 for both, read condition

jestep

No longer need this one. I cleaned it as much as possible but currently out of vinegar, so I would give it a good soak before using. Pump was replaced roughly a year ago. I was running it without one without any issue, but there is a slot for a oring. I'm not sure if I ever had one in there, it's never leaked around the top for me. I never glued any of the tubing, so you can re-plumb or glue it or just press it together like I had it. I don't see any reason these should have to recirculate, so just running the outlet so that it discharges near your skimmer's suction is my recommendation. Also, just a personal suggestion, do not use the small oval or round smooth biopellets, I think the TLF ones are what I'm thinking of, but they tend to wear down too quickly and clog the holes in the inlet and outlet guards. I've found the same thing in any reactor with hard acrylic plates, the TLF pellets end up clogging them much too quickly.

Here's a link to the specs on the manufacturers site: https://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=213

I dropped it a few years back and cracked the main cone, but I glued it back and it works fine. The piece didn't fully break off, it just cracked from the top of the cone, downward a few inches. Since the pellets just need to have flow through them, it wouldn't even matter if it did leak, but just noting and picture of crack is shown.

20170113_204842%20(Large).jpg

20170113_204847%20(Large).jpg

Also, have a SCA 302 Skimmer. Will not be available until the 18th, but selling for $125. Works great, they're rated for up to 175 gallons or something, but I think 125 is probably the max these should be used on.

Will sell both together for $200. $75 takes both based on cracks.

Recirculating is actually a great option with biopellet reactors because it allows you to control the speed of the pellet tumble independently from the effluent flow.

I rigged up a TLF reactor to work as a biopellet reactor and the only way to ramp up/down effectiveness was to remove or add pellets since it has no recirculating option. Now I have one that recirculates and I'm able to throttle down my effluent flow when needed but still keep my pellets tumbling at the correct speed necessary to slough off bacteria.

Free bump for a great biopellet reactor setup.

Adding SCA 302 skimmer. Not available until the middle of this next week, but will sell the 2 together for a slight discount. This is a great budget combo for something like a 40 - 120 gallon tank.

If I have time, I'm going to grab some vinegar and soak the reactor as well, so should be ready to plug and go.

• 5 weeks later...

Updating this. I have no idea how this happened, but the skimmer has a huge crack in the body. I didn't see this until I pulled it from my sump. It was working, but assuming this needs a new body.

Picture: skimmer-crack%20(Large).jpg

Anyway, reducing to $75 for both just to get them out of my garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived