BuildMyLED lights and question

kassidybell

So, my husband's business partner's brother works for what used to be BuildMyLED. Managed to get me two of their legacy aquarium LED bars (yay!) When he had asked me what I wanted, I told him one 14k bar and one Actinic bar. After a couple of months, we finally got the lights in.

Two bars of 20k that not only don't connect together......but have no controllers (which I had also asked for).

1st question. Outside of the SoLunar controller, is there anyway to dim these? 2nd question......does anyone on here had a 4ft BML actinic bar they'd like to trade for a 20k? I know it's a bit of a stretch.....but I miss having a dusk/dawn blue.....

20k LED is very close to actinic spectrum. I would be looking to exchange one 20k for a 12k then you could dim and adjust between 16k at a 50/50 split or up or down to one end or the other. There are many power sources for these guys online and dimmers are a bit more challenging. Just make sure you match the dimmer with the max power output from the converter. 8 amps is largest I I have ever found

Archived