Tubing for R/O system

APK

I have my R/O DI system setup in my garage. Been there for several years. I was going to turn it on to make some water and noticed that most of the lines have been chewed through. I'm assuming something is eating them since I can't find any plastic shavings anywhere. Has anyone had this problem before? Where can I get some tubing in the different colors in town?

Thanks.

Tom B.

Mice will definitely chew through them. I would think you'd see shavings but wouldn't surprise me if not. I'm assuming some of the LFS's carry it. I believe normal Lowes and HD will as well, I am almost positive I've seen other size pex tubing there so I would bet they have 1/4" RO size tubing as well. I'd look in the plumbing section which is usually near kitchen hardware section, it would be in the ice maker / refrigerator hardware area if it's not with normal tubing.

Home Depot only has the clear tubing. I'm assuming Lowe's is the same way. I would prefer the blue, red, yellow color tubing. Locally if possible.

Maybe it's just larger tubing, but I really thought I saw red, white. and blue tubing at one of them.

Archived