Mushrooms

Lauren

I bought a rock with 8 or 9 mushrooms not long ago. They are doing well and look great! However there's 8 or 9 of them all crammed onto one rock, it looks kind of goofy. I'm wanting to know if there is a way I can take the mushrooms off of this rock and spread them around a little. I know I've read about how to re-attach mushrooms, but I'm not sure how/if I can de-attach them. Any advice would be appreciated :blush:

Lauren

Awesome! I'll give it a try this weekend and let you guys know how they do.

Thanks!

Just use a razor blade and cut them at the base. It should reattached quickly and any remaining pieces that are left from the cut will likely grow into a new mushroom.

yup, you can just slice shrooms pretty easy with a razor blade but they should grow back. If you think it will get too dense then just split the rock like someone else mentioned.

Take off the new piece and put a rubberband around it and a small rock, sheel etc.

It should eventually attach then you don't have to worry about it getting blown around or sucked in your overflows.

ill be cutting some shrooms off a rock here soon. when i do ill take pictures and post em for you. that is if i ever get around to it. i also just got some shrooms, and thier on rocks that are big and hard to fit into my small tank without ruining my aquascape.