Rainbow BTA removal

MantaFan

Hey I hope everyone had a nice long weekend...

I've got several large Rainbow BTAs that I'd like to get off a rock. Does anyone have any good tricks for removing them? I've read that suspending the rock above a bucket of water and letting them hang will work well. When they touch the water they'll let go. Anyone tried that?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

I've got 3 of 'em now... I tried the hanging rock trick and I don't think that was going to work. Back to power head and patience.

4501208c34c47156bcb568902c58f6a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep at it Manta! You'll clear some room for more corals and fund it at the same time!

• 1 month later...

Got 5 of them to the LFS and bought a powder brown tang and a rainbow stylo. Still have 6 nems left... I'll get 'em off someday :)

My goodness, these are so lovely! Which LFS did they go to? lol.

Thanks! I sold 5 of them to RCA a few weeks ago. I still have 6 in my tank that are beautiful, but I travel so much for work that I don't have time to get them off the rock :) any ideas for a quick extraction? I've been trying powerheads, but they don't seem to mind it

Have you tried the ice cube trick? I thought for sure the upside-down trick would work. A friend of mine moves maxi-minis by blasting their foot with a turkey baster and gently pushing at it with a plastic spoon, curved side up...that's less forceful than the powerhead, but more targeted.

The hanging trick never worked for me.

I would try darkness. If you have a sump, then remove the rock and put it into the dark sump. The anemone will begin to wander and try to find light. It may fade a little bit depending on how long it's in that dark area. Just make sure you're paying attention sometimes or it'll wander into the return pump! You could just sell the rock it's on and replace it.

Archived