Looking for a Glass Drilling savy person

Juiceman

i drilled the tank i got for a 3/4" bulkhead was easy, took about 5 minutes. i laid the tank on its back put water in it and started drilling with a varaible speed drill. Jake let me borrow his bit. start from the inside of tank to the out cause if it does chip it gonna be when the bit exits the glass. And better to have that on the dry side than the wet side...

• 2 weeks later...

Drilled 2X return lines and 1X drain line in the back of my 150 and it was easy. I have a drill kit which includes the wooden template to measure from the top of the tank to get the correct position of the hole as well as acting as a notched out guide to spray water. Always drill from the side where the gasket will go whether in or outside of the tank. This will depend on your bulkhead set up.

Drilled 2X return lines and 1X drain line in the back of my 150 and it was easy. I have a drill kit which includes the wooden template to measure from the top of the tank to get the correct position of the hole as well as acting as a notched out guide to spray water. Always drill from the side where the gasket will go whether in or outside of the tank. This will depend on your bulkhead set up.

Soooo.... Can borrow that guide when it's time? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived