Naso Tang died. (cloudy eyes)

cliff

Going fallow comes with it's own set of consequences. I would research it for your own piece of mind.

Can you elaborate on this? I haven't found any bad stuff related to a fallow period. In my mind they have a bacteria or parasite. How am I supposed to add fish to an infected water system? How would you treat this?

Not aware of too many consequences either other than lowered nutrient levels when removing fish.

I would just leave the tank fallow for 60 days just to cover yourself for marine velvet and then add a tester fish that's cheap and more importantly, easy to catch in case whatever is in your system is still there. The tank must be empty of fish for the total 60 days consecutively.

I would start to employ a QT regiment from this point on and QT all fish and observe before adding to the display. While the chances are on the lower side of bringing in something that'll kill your whole tank, after living through it once, I'd try to avoid it again if possible.

It doesn't even have to be something crazy elaborate. For smaller fishes, I use a 5-gallon bucket with an air pump.

Well, I already don't think that bacteria or parasite infections killed your fish. If you want to go fallow for piece of mind, then there's nothing wrong with that. The fallow period will affect each system differently and I didn't want you to be surprised like people that I have seen recently. Good luck to you and I hope it works out!

Going fallow comes with it's own set of consequences. I would research it for your own piece of mind.

Can you elaborate on this? I haven't found any bad stuff related to a fallow period. In my mind they have a bacteria or parasite. How am I supposed to add fish to an infected water system? How would you treat this?
Not aware of too many consequences either other than lowered nutrient levels when removing fish.

I would just leave the tank fallow for 60 days just to cover yourself for marine velvet and then add a tester fish that's cheap and more importantly, easy to catch in case whatever is in your system is still there. The tank must be empty of fish for the total 60 days consecutively.

I would start to employ a QT regiment from this point on and QT all fish and observe before adding to the display. While the chances are on the lower side of bringing in something that'll kill your whole tank, after living through it once, I'd try to avoid it again if possible.

It doesn't even have to be something crazy elaborate. For smaller fishes, I use a 5-gallon bucket with an air pump.

Well, I already don't think that bacteria or parasite infections killed your fish. If you want to go fallow for piece of mind, then there's nothing wrong with that. The fallow period will affect each system differently and I didn't want you to be surprised like people that I have seen recently. Good luck to you and I hope it works out!

You think it was the water?

Archived