Anyone here play an instrument?

CJohnson

Anyone here play an instrument ? Now that I'm into bluegrass on my guitar It seems I can't get enough of it and it's my favorite music to listen to and play. And I want to play a banjo too but with football and guitar lessons and AP classes I am going to have a lot to keep up with. Im interested in whatever music you guys play or whatever instruments you play or want to play!

• 3 weeks later...

Before kids I played bluegrass fiddle and mandolin, now I just teach my kids. For some reason they've always gone nuts when I play and I'm really not that terrible, so it's been a while. Don't know what their deal is! Bluegrass is a blast to play :) What bands or style are you into? Have you gone to any beginner jams?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Before kids I played bluegrass fiddle and mandolin, now I just teach my kids. For some reason they've always gone nuts when I play and I'm really not that terrible, so it's been a while. Don't know what their deal is! Bluegrass is a blast to play smile.png What bands or style are you into? Have you gone to any beginner jams?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No I haven't done beginner jams but there's a woman at the place where I take lessons and she plays a banjo so we play sometimes. Dueling banjos, Cripple Creek, Wildwood Flower and Nine Pound Hammer are a few off the top of my head that we have played together. I like Nickel Creek, Union station, Osborne Brothers and Flatt and Scruggs. I'm yet to find anyone my age who enjoys bluegrass or plays any. On saturdays there is an older group of men who go out on the front porch of a Music store in my area and play. I also would like to go to a bluegrass festival if I have the chance to one day. I don't like Newgrass as much as the traditional stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing bass guitar for about 15 years in various groups and for various artists throughout the state. Played, performed, and recorded in a variety of styles including but not limited to funk, indie rock, hard rock, pop, Texas country, ect. I used to gig heavily, 2-3 nights a week with multiple groups but have slowed down significantly, paying more time to family and my real job. Late nights in bars become less fun (for me anyway) when you're no longer in your 20's and single. I still record and perform semi regularly around Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived