Anyone play guitar?

CJohnson

So I was re stringing my acoustic guitar and broke a peg because I didn't have my string winder. This guitar has given me trouble and I want to get a new guitar even though I'm getting this one fixed. What guitars do you guys plays and what music do you play?

I have a Taylor 314-KCE, it's the Koa version of their acoustic guitar. I also have a 1977 Gibson Les Paul Standard, and a Fender American Jazz bass. I play all kinds of music.

I like to play bluegrass on my guitar. it just got out of the shop, they replaced the peg.

I play Bass.

I have a Taylor 314-KCE, it's the Koa version of their acoustic guitar. I also have a 1977 Gibson Les Paul Standard, and a Fender American Jazz bass. I play all kinds of music.

I'm also a bass player. Cant help too much with guitar. I do play a ton in the austin area. Little known fact about me you guys are all unaware of, but my recording and performing schedule is actually what brings me to austin enough that warranted me actually joining this forum. Being that I'm not an austinite,if I didnt come to town so often for music related stuff, I probably would have never joined simply due to distance.

As far as a new acoustic. Honestly that's like recommending a car. There seem to be martin people and taylor people. What kind of person are you? and what's your budget? I know the front-man I play for plays typically on a vintage Alvarez, and also does some work on a Taylor when we do acoustic work. Recording is almost always done on a very very very old Gibson acoustic that sounds terrific. I couldn't tell you the model though. I just know it's older than dirt but has plenty of mojo

Archived