One Jabao RW 15 or two RW8s in a 150XT

Neon Reefer

Have decided to go w/ Jebao RW Series Wavemaker with Controller as there seems to be some good reviews on this new 2015 series over the WPs. Like always they are reasonably priced controllabled power heads. My question is my 150XT build is a 48" length tank. Currently I am running 2X 850 Koralias in my 75G and the total w/ return is ~ 2100 GPH. This 30X flow works well w/ my mixed stony and my LPS is able to open up pretty well. I want to stay around the 30Xs the display in the 150XT and will have ~1000GPH on the return and need ~ 4000 GPH on the powerheads to accomplish this. I am wanting to go w/ the RW 15 single powerhead for the new set up but am wondering about that much flow from a single power head being to much for the LPS in a 4 ft tank. Question: Would I be better going w/ 2X RW 8 powerheads for the same total 4000GPH flow like my Koralias are set up in my 75G with one on each end or the single RW 15.

I welcome all input.

Andre'

I LOVE my Jabao RW8s.... I have two in my 150g and they make a very nice 1 1/2" wave. I thought about going with the RW15, but so many reviews said they're too powerful. With the Rw8 I still have to be careful not to knock frags off rocks. You'll be very happy with 2 smaller pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Have decided to go w/ Jebao RW Series Wavemaker with Controller as there seems to be some good reviews on this new 2015 series over the WPs. Like always they are reasonably priced controllabled power heads. My question is my 150XT build is a 48" length tank. Currently I am running 2X 850 Koralias in my 75G and the total w/ return is ~ 2100 GPH. This 30X flow works well w/ my mixed stony and my LPS is able to open up pretty well. I want to stay around the 30Xs the display in the 150XT and will have ~1000GPH on the return and need ~ 4000 GPH on the powerheads to accomplish this. I am wanting to go w/ the RW 15 single powerhead for the new set up but am wondering about that much flow from a single power head being to much for the LPS in a 4 ft tank. Question: Would I be better going w/ 2X RW 8 powerheads for the same total 4000GPH flow like my Koralias are set up in my 75G with one on each end or the single RW 15.

I welcome all input.

Andre'

Wondering what you decided to go with and are you happy? I am trying to figure out what route I am going to go with wp or rw series

Archived