Dominant Two Spot Hogfish

PeeperKeeper

I want to be totally honest about this fish. I just trapped him and put him in my sump until I find a place for him. I've had him for about 2 or maybe even 3 years. He's healthy and eats like a pig. He and a Melanaris Wrasse were the only two fish in my 75G for at least a year. I used to think the Melanaris was the only problem so after he died I thought I could finally start adding more fish. Yeah-no.

I haven't seen the hogfish picking on new fish, but I have to assume he's doing it now. I've lost several new fish I've tried to put in over the past month or two: a tiny yellow coris wrasse, a couple small gobies, a tailspot blennie (he actually may be hiding somewhere, I'm hoping to see him again now that the hogfish is out) and even a hippo tang. None of them were visibly beat up, but they all disappeared (except the tang who turned up against the overflow in great condition except that he was dead) and I assume they were stressed out/being chased at night. Interestingly the Royal Gramma I put in IS visibly beat up, but he seems to be a survivor and has settled in and is getting better. I also have a new scooter blennie who didn't seem to have a problem.

Anyway, the hogfish is about 2" long and a tough little guy. I'd be happy to trade a nice piece of coral for him or a nice peaceful fish. I do need a tang, and I'd like several gobies or blennies and a watchman goby that will sift the sand but not need a shrimp partner. He just needs a big tank with some tank mates who won't put up with his s***. smile.png

If you want him but don't want to trade, just make an offer.

Contact me by text at five one two, 964-twenty fifteen

Archived