Wanting to set up frag tank

scubasteve92

Hey everyone,

I am wanting to set up a frag tank at some point and have some questions about what I should do to keep it fairly cheap.

I have been looking at advanced acrylic at a 11g shallow tank that is already drilled. I also decided that I want to use an led fixture so I am not changing bulbs. I like the look of the AI primes and they are only $200. For filtration I am going to be doing a barebottom display with eggcrate racks and a sump with heater, return, protein skimmer, and LR.

Main reason for posting is to see if anyone can help me with where to get a stand or where to get one built. I am in an apt and do not have access to enough room and tools to build one myself. I also have been thinking about maybe building my own display but again don't really have the means to do that at this point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh

For a tank that small you can look at any of the LFS, petsmart, petco, or thrift stores.

Would they had shallow tanks? I also thought about looking into a hydroponics container, kinda like the one BRS sells with their frag tank setup.

For a tank that small you can look at any of the LFS, petsmart, petco, or thrift stores.

Would they had shallow tanks? I also thought about looking into a hydroponics container, kinda like the one BRS sells with their frag tank setup.

I was talking about the stand

I was talking about the stand

Ah, haha

I used a bathroom sink cabinet for my 20g and thought that I could do it again but I would have to modify it like I did my other one. I will have to look around.

Archived