4in1 12xTelescope Camera Lens for Cellphone.

has any one use this kind of lense on cellphone to take pics of ur corals? or any pros/cons?.

i just cant convince myself to spend hundredsss of dollors to buy a new camera and all the bells and whistles, so i look around and find this on ebay and like to hear any opinions...

i ve been taking pics with samsung s4, playing with some setting to get the best out of it.

heres a link from ebay and pic of a device.

post-1098-0-71013900-1425573033_thumb.jp

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4in1-12xTelescope-Camera-Lens-Fisheye-Macro-Wide-angle-Lens-for-Samsung-S4-i9500-/261657465424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cec001250

let me hear ur opinionsss.

thank you all....

Vu

Oh man, I want some frags off that coral. I saw a guy using a sony lens attached to his iPhone in San jose. Pictures were awesome.

That's a red planet table and wwc grafted cap, they r in grow out process...

They look very nice in person, but my photography skill makes em look like mehhhh.

Do u have any details about that? Or what they look like or where can I buy?

do a youtube search for smartphone photography hacks.

in the meantime: when shooting close up stability is the name of the game. Other than a macro lense the two most important tools are a tripod (or something else to stabilize your camera) and either a remote trigger or timer. most of the times when shooting close up the blur comes from camera movement. Either because you focused and then moved changing focal depth, or from vibration when actuating the "shutter".

On the iphone the "+" button on the ear buds fires a shot when in camera mode so one does not have to touch the camera when actuating the shutter. There may be something similar on the samsung... If not, try using the timer...it's the little icon in the right center when in camera mode.

Also, make sure your lense is up against the glass when shooting if you're not already. A stemless wine glass also makes a look down device.

Archived