Disco fangblenny- if you can take care of him

Betta132

I have a disco fangblenny who isn't doing well. He's being bullied, and it doesn't seem likely to stop. I have him in a little breeder box, but the box is stressing him. He's free to anyone who can care for him, but there are some mild problems.

1: He's only eating frozen foods right now. This is a blenny, though, he should learn to eat processed foods.

2: Tiny mouth. He has trouble with mysis, even, unless he gets it by the tail. Crushed-up mysis works fine, and he'll take things like frozen brine shrimp. Otherwise he just has to chew on it, and if the mysis is curled up, he may not even be able to eat it. He'll need smallish food.

3: Not a terribly fast feeder. Wanders around after food. Acts a bit like a slightly faster mandy, the way he eats.

4: He gets skinny through the stomach if not fed every day, not sure if that's normal for fangblennies. I can't rule out the possibility that he may have something wrong with him. If you normally QT new fish and treat them for parasites and the like, that shouldn't be an issue. He's acting healthy and his color is fine, so I don't think he's sick, but there's a chance.

5: He's not timid, but he's easily bullied. Yes, I know he's a fangblenny, but he apparently isn't aware of that fact.

Warning: when frightened or sleeping, he plasters himself against a wall or wraps himself around a stick. He then turns greenish-yellow and does his best impression of a dead fish. He's not dead, he's perfectly fine. This is apparently his pyjama style. It looks quite alarming, but it's normal for this guy.

To sum it up: give him little foods and don't expect him to eat dry food right away. Don't put him with scary things or fast feeders. Should be harmless to other fish, though there's a chance he may not like other blenny-shaped things. Might not be in the best of health but doesn't seem outright sick.

This is a hover-type blenny, he doesn't sit on the rockwork. Active little fellow, and cute.

If you want him, I'd like to know where you plan to put him. I want to put him in a good home. Tank size and stock list would be nice.

Maybe a nano-ish tank would work for him? Anything 15g and up should work just fine, he doesn't seem very space-demanding.

Pickup in Georgetown, might be willing to drop him off if you're fairly close. Not asking for anything in return, I just want him in a good home.

Attaching a couple of photos. One is the blenny when I first got him, investigating the net that I attempted to use as a scarecrow for the damsel. The other is him in his pyjamas, curled around a stem of turtle grass. He's actually cream-white most of the time, not yellow, my phone just makes him look yellow.

post-3601-0-78763200-1421801439_thumb.pn

I have a 16 gallon with a blue watchman goby and a 30 with 2 clowns and a snowflake blenny. I don't know how he would react with the goby but he is certainly peaceful. If you really need a new home for the guy consider me as an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived