Lighting for a Nano

CaptainK

I had a couple stunner strips laying around and a buddy of mine wasn't using his 4g nano so I decided to set it up. I just want to grow some softies like zoas and mushrooms. Would 3-4 6watt ecoxotic stunner strips be enough? If not, whats a good cheap LED option other than par 30 bulbs.

You should be able to grow or bleach just about anything with 4 of those strips over a 4 gallon.

Kessil A150 or A160 is about perfect over that size tank, assuming it's a cube'ish shape. I would stick with the stunner strips and spend the money on other equipment or livestock since you already have them.

I already have the transformer but I only have 2 royal blue strips right now. I'm thinking that adding one or two white strips should do. I just heard that stunner strips are mainly for looks not growth.

The one you should really be looking for is the 12k strip. I had a 12k/atinic on a 5 gallon fluval spec and the color was amazing and the zoas were growing also. That's what it looked like. That's just 2 strips. But on the 10 gallon we went a step up to the pro strips and still only have 2 in there. The second picture is of the same 10 gallon that I have with the same lights as mine has.

post-3758-141693428371_thumb.jpg

post-3758-141693443663_thumb.jpg

Archived